Finding a Fund Analyst Report
Example: To evaluate BlackRock Balanced, begin typing the name or the ticker (MACPX) in the upper left search box, then select the fund.
- Quote: Details the fund’s category, assets, NAV, load information, fees, yield, status, expense ratio, adj.expense ratio, turnover, Morningstar style box, minimum purchase, snapshot of Morningstar’s Analysis/analyst report, view report archive, growth of 10,000.
- Fund Analysis (Morningstar Premium feature): A comprehensive review of the fund by a Morningstar analyst.
- Performance: Growth of $10,000 chart and explanation of total returns and trailing returns.
- Risk: contains Morningstar Risk & Return (3-Yr, 5-Yr, 10-Yr), risk & volatility measures, risk/return analysis, market volatility measures.
- Price: Sales fees, ongoing fee level, cost illustration (10k; 5% Return; USD), historical expense ratio %, other fees, taxes.
- Portfolio: Asset allocation, stock style, factor profiles, style measures, exposure, financial metrics, sustainability rating, Morningstar carbon metrics, top 10 holdings.
- People: Inception date, number of managers, average tenure, advisor(s), management team.
- Parent: Firm name, market, total net assets, fund flows (TTM), asset growth Rt(TTM), # of funds, manager retention rate (5years), fund flows chart, rating breakdown.