Skip to Content

Marriott International Inc Class A MAR Stock Quote

| Rating as of


Market Open

| Currency in USD

  • Last Close 192.93
  • Sector Consumer Cyclical
  • Industry Lodging
  • Investment Style Large Growth
  • Day Range 192.00  –  195.19
  • Year Range 136.02  –  210.98
  • Market Cap 57.3813 Bil
  • Volume / Avg 607,013.0 /  2.0 Mil
  • Price / Sales 2.65
  • Price / Book
  • Forward Div Yield 1.17%
  • Trailing Div Yield 0.96%

Morningstar‘s Stock Analysis MAR

Currency in
Is it the right time to buy or sell?
Is it the right time to buy or sell?

1-Star Price


5-Star Price


Economic Moat


Capital Allocation


Marriott Strikes a Licensing Deal With MGM's Vegas Portfolio, as Overall Travel Demand Persists

Dan Wasiolek Senior Equity Analyst

Business Strategy and Outlook

| Dan Wasiolek |

While elevated inflation has the potential to have an impact on near-term travel demand, we expect Marriott to expand room and revenue share in the hotel industry over the next decade. In the past few years, Marriott has renovated a meaningful percentage of core Marriott and Courtyard hotels, and since 2007, has added several new brands, which support our constructive stance along with a favorable next-generation traveler position. Also, we see Marriott as having an industry-leading loyalty program, with 186 million members (as of June 30, 2023), which incentivizes third-party hotel owners to join the company's brands. Additionally, we believe the acquisition of Starwood (closed in September 2016) and partnership with MGM's Vegas portfolio (signed in June 2023) has strengthened Marriott's long-term brand advantage, as Starwood's global luxury portfolio and MGM's leading presence in the gaming mecca complement Marriott's dominant upper-scale position in North America.

Unlock Our Full Analysis With Morningstar Investor

Key Statistics MAR

Company Profile MAR

Business Description

Marriott operates more than 1.5 million rooms across roughly 30 brands. At the end of 2022, luxury represented roughly 10% of total rooms, while full service and limited service were about 40% and 50%, respectively. Marriott, Courtyard, and Sheraton are the largest brands, while Autograph, Tribute, Moxy, Aloft, and Element are newer lifestyle brands. Managed and franchised represent 99% of total rooms as of June 30, 2023. North America makes up two thirds of total rooms. Managed, franchise, and incentive fees represent the vast majority of revenue and profitability for the company.

7750 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD, 20814
Industry Lodging
Employees 377,000

Related Articles MAR

Morningstar analysts hand-select direct competitors or comparable companies to provide context on the strength and durability of MAR’s competitive advantage.

Marriott International Inc Class A


Choice Hotels International Inc


InterContinental Hotels Group PLC


Accor SA

−$0.28 (0.15%) −$0.45 (0.37%) +$34.00 (0.57%) −$0.05 (0.15%)
Market Cap
57.38 Bil6.08 Bil1.00 Tril8.55 Bil
Lodging Lodging Lodging Lodging
Consumer Cyclical
Consumer Cyclical
Consumer Cyclical
Consumer Cyclical

* Trading data in this section is delayed by at least 15 minutes.

FAQs for Marriott International Inc Class A Stock

Yes. MAR has a forward dividend yield of 1.08%. See MAR’s full dividends and stock split history on the Dividend tab.
Dividend yield allows investors, particularly those interested in dividend-paying stocks, to compare the relationship between a stock’s price and how it rewards stockholders through dividends. The formula for calculating dividend yield is to divide the annual dividend paid per share by the stock price.

Learn more about dividend yield.

MAR’s market cap is 57.38 Bil.
Market capitalization is calculated by taking a company’s share price and multiplying it by the total number of shares. It’s often used to measure a company’s size. In the Morningstar Style Box, large-cap names account for the largest 70% of U.S. stocks, mid-cap names account for the largest 70–90%, and small-cap names are the remaining 10% of companies.

Learn more about market capitalization.

MAR’s stock style is Large Growth.
Style is an investment factor that has a meaningful impact on investment risk and returns. Style is calculated by combining value and growth scores, which are first individually calculated.

High-growth stocks tend to represent the technology, healthcare, and communications sectors. They rarely distribute dividends to shareholders, opting for reinvestment in their businesses. More value-oriented stocks tend to represent financial services, utilities, and energy stocks. These are established companies that reliably pay dividends.

Learn more about style.

MAR’s beta can be found in Trading Information at the top of this page.
A stock’s beta measures how closely tied its price movements have been to the performance of the overall market.

Compare MAR’s historical performance against its industry peers and the overall market.