Skip to Content

Sartorius AG SARTF Stock Quote

| Rating as of


Last close prices updated as of Jun 06, 2023, 12:46 PM EST | USD
  • Last Close 283.81
  • Sector Healthcare
  • Industry Medical Instruments & Supplies
  • Investment Style Large Growth
  • Day Range 283.81  –  283.81
  • Year Range 267.00  –  405.00
  • Market Cap 19.4171 Bil
  • Volume / Avg 24.0 /  29.8
  • Price / Sales 2.17
  • Price / Book 9.11
  • Forward Div Yield 0.54%
  • Trailing Div Yield 0.50%

Morningstar‘s Stock Analysis SARTF

Currency in
Is it the right time to buy or sell?
Is it the right time to buy or sell?

1-Star Price


5-Star Price


Economic Moat


About Quantitative Ratings

Morningstar Quantitative ratings for equities (denoted on this page by) are generated using an algorithm that compares companies that are not under analyst coverage to peer companies that do receive analyst-driven ratings. Companies withratings are not formally covered by a Morningstar analyst, but are statistically matched to analyst-rated companies, allowing our models to calculate a quantitative moat, fair value, and uncertainty rating. Click here for more on how to use these ratings.

Unlock Our Full Analysis With Morningstar Investor

Key Statistics SARTF

Company Profile SARTF

Business Description

Sartorius AG is the leading provider of biopharmaceutical fermentation and fluid management. As of 2022, the bioprocess division contributes about 80% to total revenue and the lab division the remaining 20%. The bioprocess division is traded as a separate company, Sartorius Stedim Biotech. Sartorius AG has a 74% ownership of this subsidiary with 85% voting control. In addition to biomanufacturing equipment and consumables, Sartorius offers a wide range of products for general lab use, such as scales, pipettes, and filtration equipment. The business is geographically diverse, with revenue across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (37% of 2022 sales), the Americas (37%), and Asia-Pacific (26%). Sartorius employs over 15,000 people and has operations in more than 30 countries.

Otto-Brenner-Strasse 20
Gottingen, NI, 37079, DEU
Industry Medical Instruments & Supplies
Employees 15,942

Competitors & Peers SARTF

Morningstar analysts hand-select direct competitors or comparable companies to provide context on the strength and durability of SARTF’s competitive advantage.

Sartorius AG


Mettler-Toledo International Inc


Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc


Merck KGaA

−$0.34 (0.12%) +$5.85 (0.44%) +$4.52 (0.88%) −$1.45 (0.85%)
Market Cap
19.42 Bil29.23 Bil200.88 Bil73.50 Bil
Medical Instruments & Supplies Diagnostics & Research Diagnostics & Research Drug Manufacturers - Specialty & Generic

* Trading data in this section is delayed by at least 15 minutes.

FAQs for Sartorius AG Stock

Yes. SARTF has a forward dividend yield of 0.59%. See SARTF’s full dividends and stock split history on the Dividend tab.
Dividend yield allows investors, particularly those interested in dividend-paying stocks, to compare the relationship between a stock’s price and how it rewards stockholders through dividends. The formula for calculating dividend yield is to divide the annual dividend paid per share by the stock price.

Learn more about dividend yield.

SARTF’s market cap is 19.42 Bil.
Market capitalization is calculated by taking a company’s share price and multiplying it by the total number of shares. It’s often used to measure a company’s size. In the Morningstar Style Box, large-cap names account for the largest 70% of U.S. stocks, mid-cap names account for the largest 70–90%, and small-cap names are the remaining 10% of companies.

Learn more about market capitalization.

SARTF’s stock style is Large Growth.
Style is an investment factor that has a meaningful impact on investment risk and returns. Style is calculated by combining value and growth scores, which are first individually calculated.

High-growth stocks tend to represent the technology, healthcare, and communications sectors. They rarely distribute dividends to shareholders, opting for reinvestment in their businesses. More value-oriented stocks tend to represent financial services, utilities, and energy stocks. These are established companies that reliably pay dividends.

Learn more about style.

SARTF’s price/sales is 2.21.
Price/sales represents the amount an investor is willing to pay for a dollar generated from a particular company’s sales or revenues.

SARTF’s price/forward earnings is 27.24.
Forward P/E gives some indication of how cheap or expensive a stock is compared with consensus earnings estimates. The lower the Forward P/E, the cheaper the stock.

SARTF’s price/book is 9.10.
Price/book ratio can tell investors approximately how much they’re paying for a company’s assets, based on historical, rather than current, valuations. Historical valuations generally do not reflect a company’s current market value. Value investors frequently look for companies that have low price/book ratios.

See SARTF’s valuation ratios compared to the Market Index.

SARTF’s beta can be found in Trading Information at the top of this page.
A stock’s beta measures how closely tied its price movements have been to the performance of the overall market.

Compare SARTF’s historical performance against its industry peers and the overall market.