Skip to Content

Daikin Industries Ltd ADR DKILY

Morningstar Rating
$14.43 −0.24 (1.64%)
View Full Chart
Unlock our analysis with Morningstar Investor

About Quantitative Ratings

Morningstar Quantitative Ratings for Stocks are generated using an algorithm that compares companies that are not under analyst coverage to peer companies that do receive analyst-driven ratings. Companies with quantitative ratings are not formally covered by a Morningstar analyst, but are statistically matched to analyst-rated companies, allowing our models to calculate a quantitative moat, fair value, and uncertainty rating.

Price vs Fair Value

DKILY is trading within a range we consider fairly valued.
Price
$14.50
Fair Value
$79.62
Uncertainty
Medium
1-Star Price
$51.33
5-Star Price
$12.90
Economic Moat
Rbqgm
Capital Allocation
Is it the right time to buy, sell, or hold?
Start a free trial of Morningstar Investor to unlock exclusive ratings and continuous analyst coverage to help you decide if DKILY is a good fit for your portfolio.

Trading Information

Previous Close Price
$14.67
Day Range
$14.3014.57
52-Week Range
$12.3521.66
Bid/Ask
$14.32 / $14.57
Market Cap
$42.25 Bil
Volume/Avg
592,607 / 381,912

Key Statistics

Price/Earnings (Normalized)
24.27
Price/Sales
1.39
Dividend Yield (Trailing)
0.57%
Dividend Yield (Forward)
0.57%
Total Yield
0.57%

Company Profile

Established in Osaka, Japan, in 1924, Daikin Industries is one of the world’s largest residential and commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning product and service companies. North America, Japan, China, and Europe are Daikin’s four biggest markets, with North America accounting for over 30% of the company’s revenue over the years. The air conditioning segment represents around 90% of Daikin’s revenue and operating income, while chemicals and others account for the remaining 10%.
Sector
Industrials
Industry
Building Products & Equipment
Stock Style Box
Large Growth
Total Number of Employees
107,127

Competitors

Valuation

Metric
DKILY
JCI
CARR
Price/Earnings (Normalized)
24.2720.2623.22
Price/Book Value
2.422.975.12
Price/Sales
1.391.762.48
Price/Cash Flow
13.4521.9926.49
Price/Earnings
DKILY
JCI
CARR

Financial Strength

Metric
DKILY
JCI
CARR
Quick Ratio
0.890.550.55
Current Ratio
1.650.871.36
Interest Coverage
9.624.744.76
Quick Ratio
DKILY
JCI
CARR

Profitability

Metric
DKILY
JCI
CARR
Return on Assets (Normalized)
7.70%5.35%8.02%
Return on Equity (Normalized)
14.78%14.23%27.54%
Return on Invested Capital (Normalized)
11.10%9.47%12.64%
Return on Assets
DKILY
JCI
CARR
See how this stock stacks up to its competitors with Morningstar Investor

Building Products & Equipment Industry Comparables

1-Day Chart
Name
Price
Morningstar Rating for Stocks
Capital Allocation
Economic Moat
Market Cap
Trane Technologies PLC Class A
TT
TgykgzhdBdnngt$78.2 Bil
Carrier Global Corp Ordinary Shares
CARR
TgjcrljRgflbq$59.2 Bil
Johnson Controls International PLC
JCI
ZpktygrxFctvwr$46.6 Bil
Daikin Industries Ltd
DKILF
Nkdtrh$42.3 Bil
Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA ADR
CODYY
Yqx$40.3 Bil
Lennox International Inc
LII
GsbwyxkwPwdzvb$19.6 Bil
Masco Corp
MAS
JxcsbvhqQrlm$15.3 Bil
Fortune Brands Innovations Inc
FBIN
MyglkshlgDpnlz$8.5 Bil
Louisiana-Pacific Corp
LPX
PylpgrthxHxkfk$6.4 Bil

Sponsor Center