Western Asset Core Bond still benefits from an experienced and capable group of managers, but some of the key supporting sector teams no longer stand out in their own right. Risk management practices are another source of concern, even if the team’s relative value approach remains thoughtful. The strategy’s cheapest shares have been downgraded to Morningstar Analyst Ratings of Bronze from Gold, with more-expensive share classes carrying Neutral to Negative ratings.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 10.98 / 0.35 %
- Total Assets 14.6 Bil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 0.460%
- Distribution Fee Level Average
- Share Class Type Institutional
- Category Intermediate Core Bond
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity Medium / Moderate
- Min. Initial Investment 1,000,000
- Status Open
- TTM Yield 2.90%
- Effective Duration 7.11 years
Morningstar’s Analysis WATFX
Will WATFX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.