The experienced managers charged with running American Funds Tax-Exempt Fund of California are supported by a solid analyst team that follows a prudent, research-based approach to build this portfolio. They collaborate well and display strong and efficient communication and organized succession planning, which earns a People Pillar rating upgrade to High from Above Average. The strategy's cheapest share classes now carry a Morningstar Analyst Rating of Gold, while its more-expensive shares earn Bronze and Neutral ratings.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 16.67 / 0.23 %
- Total Assets 2.6 Bil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 0.360%
- Distribution Fee Level Low
- Share Class Type No Load
- Category Muni California Long
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity —
- Min. Initial Investment 1,000
- Status Open
- TTM Yield 2.56%
- Effective Duration 7.67 years
Morningstar’s Analysis TEFEX
Will TEFEX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.