American Funds Intermediate Bond Fund of America structurally carries more interest-rate risk than many of its short-term bond Morningstar Category peers but benefits from a well-executed, conservative approach to credit risk. Its advantages are enough to award the strategy's cheapest share classes a Morningstar Analyst Rating of Bronze, while its more expensive share classes earn Neutral or Negative ratings.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 12.53 / 0.16 %
- Total Assets 25.2 Bil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 1.300%
- Distribution Fee Level Average
- Share Class Type Retirement, Small
- Category Short-Term Bond
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity High / Limited
- Min. Initial Investment 250
- Status Open
- TTM Yield 1.52%
- Effective Duration 3.43 years
Morningstar’s Analysis RBOBX
Will RBOBX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.