American Funds Short-Term Bond Fund of America’s management team has seen changes recently and its conservative approach could limit its range relative to short-term bond Morningstar Category peers, along with its ability to outperform over the long term. Its cheapest share classes earn a Morningstar Analyst Rating of Neutral, while its pricier share classes are rated Negative.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 9.52 / 0.11 %
- Total Assets 11.6 Bil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 0.630%
- Distribution Fee Level Low
- Share Class Type Retirement, Medium
- Category Short-Term Bond
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity High / Limited
- Min. Initial Investment 250
- Status Open
- TTM Yield 1.40%
- Effective Duration 1.47 years
Morningstar’s Analysis RAMEX
Will RAMEX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.