American Funds Mortgage Fund benefits from a solid team that has prudently executed its conservative approach to the mortgage market. It earns a Morningstar Analyst Rating of Silver for its cheapest share classes, while its pricier shares are rated Bronze or Neutral.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 9.23 / 0.01 %
- Total Assets 8.7 Bil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 0.640%
- Distribution Fee Level Low
- Share Class Type Front Load
- Category Intermediate Government
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity High / Moderate
- Min. Initial Investment 250
- Status Open
- TTM Yield 1.82%
- Effective Duration 5.84 years
Morningstar’s Analysis MFAAX
Will MFAAX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.