Franklin Low Duration Total Return’s team and approach have seen changes in recent years, including incorporating more quantitative resources and inputs than many peers. These changes haven’t yet demonstrated their value though, and the strategy often takes outsize risks, especially for a short-term bond fund, that have not paid off over the long haul. It earns a Morningstar Analyst Rating of Neutral for its cheaper share classes and Negative for its pricier shares.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 8.88 / 0.01 %
- Total Assets 2.6 Bil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 0.460%
- Distribution Fee Level Average
- Share Class Type Institutional
- Category Short-Term Bond
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity Medium / Limited
- Min. Initial Investment 100,000
- Status Open
- TTM Yield 3.62%
- Effective Duration 1.62 years
Morningstar’s Analysis FLDZX
Will FLDZX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.