The management team behind Ashmore Emerging Markets Corporate Income is experienced but executes a highly flexible and aggressive approach to building this portfolio. It allows for hefty doses of credit risk and significant deviations from the strategy’s benchmark, which hasn’t resulted in obvious advantages over the long term. That warrants a Process Pillar rating downgrade to Below Average from Average, leading to a Morningstar Analyst Rating of Neutral for the strategy’s cheapest share class and a downgrade to Negative for the more-expensive share classes.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 5.85 / 0.06 %
- Total Assets 96.2 Mil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 0.870%
- Distribution Fee Level Above Average
- Share Class Type Institutional
- Category Emerging Markets Bond
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity —
- Min. Initial Investment 1,000,000
- Status Open
- TTM Yield 9.92%
- Effective Duration —
Morningstar’s Analysis EMCIX
Will EMCIX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.