Vanguard Total Bond Market Index is a well-constructed portfolio of investment-grade U.S.-dollar-denominated bonds. The fund’s broad scope and low fee should allow it to outperform its Morningstar Category peers over the long run. The fund’s more-expensive investor and admiral share classes earn Morningstar Analyst Ratings of Bronze and Silver, respectively, while the rest of the share classes receive Gold ratings.
- NAV / 1-Day Return 9.75 / 0.08 %
- Total Assets 88.3 Bil
Adj. Expense Ratio
- Expense Ratio 0.150%
- Distribution Fee Level Low
- Share Class Type No Load
- Category Intermediate Core Bond
- Credit Quality / Interest Rate Sensitivity High / Moderate
- Min. Initial Investment 3,000
- Status Limited
- TTM Yield 2.40%
- Effective Duration 6.47 years
Morningstar’s Analysis VBMFX
Will VBMFX outperform in future?
Get our overall rating based on a fundamental assessment of the pillars below.