Silver-rated Vanguard GNMA Fund is run by an experienced manager using a straightforward process.
These funds are in position for a credit sell-off.
The debate over tax changes sparked a record amount of muni market activity at the end of 2017, and the impact of the final bill will be felt for months ahead.
Bond Fund Investing
02-21-2018 15:33:47 PM ET
The minutes from the January 30-31 FOMC meeting were released today (February 21). It would be a mistake to put a hard spin on them as being either dovish or hawkish. What they were was typical. That is, they provided a little something for anyone aiming to put a spin on the Fed's view o...
The Market at 15:14 ET10-Year: -4/32…2.85…EUR/USD: 1.2285USD/JPY: 106.08
Treasury Market Stands Its Ground
- --February Housing Starts: Actual 1236K, Briefing.com consensus 1283K, Prior revised to 1329K from 1326K
- --February Building Permits: Actual 1298K, Briefing.com consensus 1330K, Prior revised to 1377K from 1396K
- --February Industrial Production: Actual +1.1%, Briefing.com consensus 0.3%, Prior revised to -0.3% from -0.1%)
- --February Capacity Utilization: Actual 78.1%, Briefing.com consensus 77.7%, Prior revised to 77.4% from 77.5%
- --January JOLTS - Job Openings: Actual 6.312 mln, Prior revised to 5.667 mln from 5.811 mln
- --Preliminary March Michigan Consumer Sentiment: Actual 102.0, Briefing.com consensus 99.5, Prior 99.7
03-07-2018 17:00:57 PM ET
The Week in Review/Week Ahead
Lumbr prices have risen a lot in the last few years. Specifically, they have surged approximately 130% from their October 2015 low. That increase has been good for the U.S. lumber industry...