This Week in Tech News: 11 Stories You Need to See
This Week in Tech News: 11 Stories You Need to See
NEW YORK, March 24, 2023
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy technology industry press releases from PR Newswire, including BlackBerry's patent sale and a new GPS smartwatch.
NEW YORK, March 24, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the business technology industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- BlackBerry Announces New Patent Sale Transaction with Leading Patent Monetization Company for Up to $900 Million
Approximately 32,000 patents and applications relating primarily to mobile devices, messaging and wireless networking will be sold in the transaction with Malikie.
- 66% of Teens Concerned They Might Not Be Able to Find a Good Job as Adults Due to Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)
Despite this, most teens (71%) think recent technological innovations are "a good thing," and virtually all (92%) would be interested in courses in school that promote skills related to AI.
- PRINTING IN SPACE -- Patent Issue for Printing in Space
Space printer rovers will paint the Lunar and Martian landscape with customized words and pictures. The printers can then photograph the images against an Earthrise glowing over a lunar horizon.
- New Amazfit T-Rex Ultra is Launched for the Ultimate Multi-Environment Outdoor GPS Smartwatch Experience
The Amazfit T-Rex Ultra is constructed with super-strong 316L stainless steel and introduces patented design elements - including the mud-resistant bridge and buttons, and adjustable lugs which help keep the watch comfortable even during intense activities.
- New Cisco Study Finds Only 15% of Companies Surveyed are Ready to Defend Against Cybersecurity Threats
This readiness gap is telling, not least because 82% of respondents said they expect a cybersecurity incident to disrupt their business in the next 12 to 24 months.
- Nuance and Microsoft Announce the First Fully AI-Automated Clinical Documentation Application for Healthcare
Using a unique combination of conversational, ambient, and generative AI, DAX Express automatically and securely creates draft clinical notes in seconds for immediate clinical review and completion after each patient visit in the exam room or via telehealth patient conversations.
- Pluralsight study finds 72% of tech leaders plan to increase their investment in tech skills development despite economic uncertainty
And because upskilling existing talent is more cost-effective than hiring new employees, 97% of learning and development and HR directors say they are prioritizing internal talent over hiring for open positions.
- Ubitus and Google Cloud Announce Strategic Partnership to Power Cloud-Based Game Streaming
Wesley Kuo, Founder and CEO, Ubitus, said, "Our partnership enables games to more easily distribute high-fidelity and interactive content globally across any device, including PC, mobile, tablet, IPTV, and VR/AR headsets."
- Higher Education Needs to Leverage Data Management to Meet Emerging Student Needs, Says Info-Tech Research Group in new Blueprint
Info-Tech advises that institutions seeking to improve student experience should identify the primary concerns of students and what technology is required to address these concerns. It is also important to address support for faculty and train them to use new technologies.
- Webex and NexGen Virtual Partner to Provide Secure Hybrid Work Experiences
Now, Webex users can use a single sign-on to leverage the NexGen Virtual features and functions. Webex customers can seamlessly collaborate, manage and create highly productive global teams while giving employees and management a sense of place and presence.
- AppliedVR Becomes First Virtual Reality Provider to Receive HCPCS Level II Code from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as Durable Medical Equipment
The RelieVRx program had to meet all five of the agency's requirements to be categorized as DME, a distinction that allows the solution to have a clearer pathway for securing Medicare coverage eligibility, which can influence commercial coverage more broadly.
Read more of the latest business technology releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtech on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at email@example.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-tech-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301780316.html
SOURCE PR Newswire