Ram Launches Fourth Phase of U.S. Armed Forces-inspired, Limited-edition 'Built to Serve' Trucks
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 24, 2020
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 24, 2020 /PRNewswire/ --
- "Built to Serve Edition" Ram 1500 pickup trucks honor five branches of the United States armed forces
- Fourth installment introduces 1,000 models in Tank and 1,000 models in Flame Red
- Military branch-inspired interior features Medium Greystone accents, and standard content encourages owner customization
- Available in Ram dealer showrooms starting in the first quarter of 2021
- Ram recognizes all owners who serve or who have served our nation and our communities
Ram Truck today announced that orders for the fourth installment of "Built to Serve Edition" trucks will open next month with production slated for early 2021 at its Sterling Heights (Michigan) Assembly Plant.
Ram is celebrating America's five land, sea and air-based armed forces with "Built to Serve Editions" of its popular Ram 1500 half-ton pickup truck lineup. This fourth installment offers a maritime land force-inspired theme with both Tank and Flame Red exterior colors offered along with a black interior with Medium Greystone accent stitching.
"These 'Built to Serve' models offer a unique way to honor all those who serve or have served in the United States armed forces with distinction," said Mike Koval Jr., Head of Ram Brand. "Whether civilian or military, Ram truck owners are very familiar with this adage as it's something we strive to build into every truck and van we produce."
A new "Built to Serve Edition" model, representing another one of America's land, air or sea-based military branches, continues to launch approximately every three months.
Each of the five U.S. military service branches has been or will be honored by Ram with two specially selected exterior paint colors that evoke the spirit, the mission and history of that service. One of each branch's "Built to Serve Edition" models is offered in a new low-volume paint option exclusive to this program.
The "Built to Serve Edition" Ram trucks are offered in the following colors and limited numbers:
- Gator (1,000 units) and Diamond Black Crystal (1,000)
- Ceramic Gray (1,000) and Patriot Blue (1,000)
- Anvil (1,250) and Billet Silver Metallic (1,500)
- Tank (1,000) and Flame Red (1,000)
- Spitfire (500) and Bright White (500)
Ram "Built to Serve Edition" trucks feature other unique interior and exterior features that set them apart, including a United States flag and "Built to Serve" decal on each of the rear quarter panels.
"Built to Serve Edition" trucks get additional stylish exterior cues, including 20-inch aluminum wheels with a unique-to-the-edition Technical Gray finish. Body-color wheel flares also accent the exterior.
Each of the new Ram front ends gets a unique treatment consisting of an all-black grille and surround, black bumpers and black-bezel premium lighting. Complementing the look are black badges, black wheel-to-wheel side steps and dual four-inch black exhaust tips.
Inside, the "Built to Serve" Ram trucks represent each of the five military branches, accented with unique, corresponding color stitching: Light Frost, Light Ambassador Blue, Light Diesel Gray, Medium Greystone or Orange.
These new Ram models are also ready to display their owner's military pride with "Built to Serve"-embroidered Velcro panels on each front seat and additional Velcro panels on each front seat inboard shoulder panel. Buyers can apply their own patches – regimental, flags, name tapes or slogans – to personalize their "Built to Serve Edition." Front seat back panels are covered with Pouch Attachment Ladder System/Modular Lightweight Load-bearing Equipment (PALS/MOLLE) webbing to attach additional equipment or pouches.
Ram 1500 "Built to Serve Editions" also feature:
- "Built to Serve" instrument panel badge
- Lockable console storage (optional)
- Deeply bolstered cloth and vinyl Sport seats
- Black Onyx Chrome interior trim
- All-weather rubber slush mats
Underneath the skin, each Ram "Built to Serve Edition" is ready for action, loaded with 4x4 Off-Road Group content, including:
- All-terrain tires
- Electronic-locking rear axle
- Hill-descent control
- Front suspension skid plate
- Steering gear skid plate
- Fuel tank skid plate
- Transfer case skid plate
- Tow hooks
- Heavy-duty off-road-calibrated front and rear shock absorbers
Ram "Built to Serve Edition" packages are available on all body styles and all powertrains.
According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, approximately seven percent of the U.S. population is an active member, reserve member or veteran of the armed services.
As part of the "Built to Serve" initiative, Ram is bringing further attention to its volunteer initiative called Ram Nation. Ram Nation has been organizing grassroots volunteer events since 2015 and, through the launch of the "Built to Serve Edition" trucks, is reinforcing its commitment to recognizing those who serve our nation and our communities.
Ram Nation is recruiting individuals to donate their time and to volunteer in their own communities across the nation. In addition to activating the Ram Nation volunteer corps across the U.S., Ram is extending the invitation to all individuals, regardless of whether or not they are a Ram truck owner. To join and learn about new Ram Nation volunteer events, new members can register at www.ramtrucks.com/ram-nation.html.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab, ProMaster and ProMaster City, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 35,100 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by global automaker Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. For more information regarding FCA (NYSE: FCAU/ MTA: FCA), please visit www.fcagroup.com.
Follow Ram and FCA news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RamTrucks and https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramtrucks and www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucks and www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/RamTrucks and www.youtube.com/fcanorthamerica
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ram-launches-fourth-phase-of-us-armed-forces-inspired-limited-edition-built-to-serve-trucks-301179590.html