The Market In 5 Minutes: AMD, Jobless Claims, Broadcom-Qualcomm
IN THE NEWS
Prices of major cryptocurrencies tumbled more than 9 percent Wednesday on a new round of regulatory crackdowns in the U.S. and Japan and rumors that popular cryptocurrency exchange Binance has been hacked: Link
Investing and saving for retirement is a hot topic in personal finance. Many advisors, bloggers, and influencers give hundreds of strategies on you how to invest for retirement. However, many forget to mention how important it is to continue to build wealth during your retirement: Link
A fierce competition between airlines, private equity, developers and terminal operators is nearing its climax as the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey advances a $10 billion plan to overhaul John F. Kennedy International Airport: Link $
President Donald Trump is expected to sign a decree this week laying out his plan to impose new tariffs on steel and aluminum, sparing both Canada and Mexico, after people on both sides of the issue made final pleas to either scuttle the measure or ensure he doesn’t back off: Link $
Broadcom Ltd. (NASDAQ: AVGO), whose hostile bid to acquire rival Qualcomm Inc. (NASDAQ: QCOM) has been stalled by management opposition and U.S. national-security concerns, is in for a long wait: Link
- Challenger Job Cuts for Feb 35.37K vs 44.70K Prior
- Initial Jobless Claims for Feb 2 231.0K vs 220.0K Est; Prior 210.0K. Continuing Claims for Feb 2 1.87M vs 1.92M Est; Prior 1.93M
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on natural gas stocks in underground storage is schedule for release at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Data on money supply for the recent week will be released at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- Compass Point upgrades Safety Insurance Group (NASDAQ: SAFT) from Sell to Neutral
- Goldman upgrades Microchip (NASDAQ: MCHP) from Neutral to Buy
- KBW downgrades United Financial (NASDAQ: UBNK) Outperform to Market Perform
- Benchmark downgrades Progress Software (NASDAQ: PRGS) from Buy to Sell
This is a tool used by the Benzinga News Desk each trading day — it's a look at everything happening in the market, in five minutes. To get the full version of this note every morning, click here.
© 2018 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.