Skip to Content
ETF Specialist

My Investing Do's and Don'ts

It's important to focus on the things that you can control.

This article was published in the July issue of Morningstar ETFInvestor. Download a complimentary copy of Morningstar ETFInvestor by visiting the website.

This is my personal investing manifesto, written in do’s and don’ts format. Roughly 90% of my household’s investable assets reside within 401(k) plans, IRAs, or 529s. The remaining 10% is in a rainy-day fund, currently earning a whopping 0.75% per year in an online savings account. In amassing and managing these assets, I adhere faithfully (most of the time) to these basic principles.