By Kofi Bofah : In 2012, Intel ( INTC ) outlined an aggressive strategy to begin diversifying its product portfolio away from the personal computer market. To do so, Intel has thrown several billions of dollars into capital spending over the course of the past 24 months. These efforts, however, ...
smartphone sales are growing. All major smartphone makers such as Apple ( AAPL ), Samsung ( GM:SSNLF ), Lenovo ( OTCPK: LNVGY ) and Microsoft ( MSFT )-Nokia ( NOK ) have reported growth in overall shipments in the last quarter. BlackBerry does not
smartphone shipments will rise 39% this year to 1.01B (over 3x PC shipments), and tablet shipments will rise 58% to 227M (72% of PC shipments). Affected companies: MSFT , STX , WDC , MU , AMD , NVDA , OTCPK: LNVGY Post your comment!
By Gabe Ortt : In its recent third quarter results, EMC experienced a mere 5% growth in total revenue year over year. The U.S. government cutbacks severely impacted the company. EMC Corporation ( EMC ) receives almost 10% to 15% of its revenue from the federal government. The fall in government ...
front and center in providing processing power to servers made by Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ ), Dell, Fujitsu and Lenovo ( OTC: LNVGY ). (click to enlarge) The server market has been relatively flat since 2008, with increases in processing power satisfying
China's Lenovo Group Ltd, the world's biggest personal computer maker, said on Monday it will invest about $100 million to open a Brazilian research and development center in January.
break-up of the Canadian smartphone maker is currently in its best interests, even though Microsoft Corp, Apple Inc and Lenovo Group Ltd, among others, have expressed interest in acquiring parts of the company, according to people familiar with the discussions
BEIJING, Nov 7 (Reuters) - China's Lenovo Group Ltd , the world's biggest personal computer maker, is reinventing itself as a growing force in mobile devices and data storage servers to beat the slump in the PC market that is crippling less agile rivals.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Lenovo Group Ltd , the world's biggest personal computer maker, said net profit jumped over a third to a quarterly record as it extended its cruise into smartphones and data servers to offset a global decline in PC sales.
BEIJING, Nov 6 (Reuters) - China's Lenovo Group Ltd , the world's number one manufacturer of PCs, said net profit jumped 36 percent in its fiscal second quarter, beating estimates as it continues to...