* Telecom Italia shares up 1.7 pct, Orange flat (Adds more source, Deutsche Telekom comments, updates shares)
* Focussing on smaller, tech and intra-market acquisitions in Europe
BARCELONA, March 2 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom Chief Executive Tim Hoettges called for web companies like Google and Facebook to be regulated since they offer communications services much as telecoms operators do.
* CEO says it has a very good stand-alone position in the u.s. For years Further company coverage: (Frankfurt Newsroom)
FRANKFURT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom said on Thursday it wants to close by 2018 a cost gap with its peers by 75 percent, or 1.8 billion euros ($2 billion).
* Other big telcos have also flagged strong payouts (Adds context, updates share)
* CEO says open to all options for U.S. business, says T-Mobile US well funded ahead of U.S. Spectrum auction Further company coverage:
BONN, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom on Thursday promised to pay a minimum dividend of 0.50 euros ($1) per share in the coming years, which it expects to grow in line with its free cash flow.
One of our long-term concerns with Telefonica is that its fixed-line and broadband businesses are dependent on Deutsche Telekom 's network, so it has no way to differentiate itself. Our concern in the short term is that the firm's EBITDA
* Deutsche telekom international carrier sales & solutions (icss) and colt technology serviceshave today announced a five-year partnership covering international telephony services