Recently announced deals include BT Group BT agreeing to acquire EE (the U.K. joint venture of Orange ORAN and Deutsche Telekom DTEGY) and Three UK coming to terms to buy Telefonica 's TEF U.K. operations. One potential damper on the European
* Telecom Italia shares up 1.7 pct, Orange flat (Adds more source, Deutsche Telekom comments, updates shares)
* Focussing on smaller, tech and intra-market acquisitions in Europe
BARCELONA, March 2 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom Chief Executive Tim Hoettges called for web companies like Google and Facebook to be regulated since they offer communications services much as telecoms operators do.
* CEO says it has a very good stand-alone position in the u.s. For years Further company coverage: (Frankfurt Newsroom)
FRANKFURT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom said on Thursday it wants to close by 2018 a cost gap with its peers by 75 percent, or 1.8 billion euros ($2 billion).
* Other big telcos have also flagged strong payouts (Adds context, updates share)
* CEO says open to all options for U.S. business, says T-Mobile US well funded ahead of U.S. Spectrum auction Further company coverage:
BONN, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom on Thursday promised to pay a minimum dividend of 0.50 euros ($1) per share in the coming years, which it expects to grow in line with its free cash flow.
One of our long-term concerns with Telefonica is that its fixed-line and broadband businesses are dependent on Deutsche Telekom 's network, so it has no way to differentiate itself. Our concern in the short term is that the firm's EBITDA