Jan 23 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc on Friday slashed its 2015 price forecasts for several base metals including copper and aluminium while raising its estimate for gold by $62 per ounce.
* Copper falls 3.5 percent this week * Dollar hits ..... Harpreet Bhal LONDON, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Copper fell on Friday, posting its sixth straight ..... from top consumer China. Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange (LME) ended
* Coming up: U.S. Markit manufacturing PMI at 1445 GMT (Updates with official prices)
* Signs of soft demand in physical market fuels more short selling
NEW YORK, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Freeport-McMoRan Inc said on Thursday it has picked Gresik, East Java, as the location for its planned new copper smelter in Indonesia, the latest move by the...
HONG KONG, Jan 22 (Reuters) - China's output of refined copper jumped 10.2 percent month-on-month in December, hitting a record for the fifth straight month as smelters rushed to meet targets for the year and plentiful supply of raw materials supported full production.
SYDNEY, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Australian shares rose for a second session on Thursday as investors wagered the European Central Bank will unveil a stimulus package later in the day, while a rebound in oil and copper prices shored up the resources sector.
* Bonded China nickel premiums highest since June (Recasts, adds detail, closing prices)
* Bonded China nickel premiums highest since June (Adds official midday prices)
Lusaka, Jan 21 (Reuters) - The Zambian kwacha gained 1.4 percent on Wednesday, a sign of investor confidence following a tight but smooth presidential elections in the southern African economy, where copper accounts for 70 percent of export earnings.