NUVIZ Revs up for CES 2018 with World’s First Head-Up Display for Motorcyclists, Plus Announces Potent New NuV. 1.X Software Release
SAN DIEGO, Jan. 03, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NUVIZ, Inc., creators of the first all-in-one head-up display for motorcycle riders, today announced its plans for the upcoming CES 2018 in Las Vegas, which runs January 7-12, 2018. The game-changing NUVIZ system was recently named a 2018 CES “Best of Innovation” award honoree from the Consumer Technology Association, and will making a splash throughout the week-long event in Booth # 50005 in Eureka Park at the Sands Convention Center. NUVIZ will also showcase the award-winning system on January 7 at CES Unveiled at Mandalay Bay.
NUVIZ unifies an ever-expanding array of hardware, software and user experience functionality into one, fully-integrated helmet-mounted head-up display system. NUVIZ simplifies the convergence of motorcycling and technology, removing the need for disparate devices and software for music, photo/video recording, navigation, and voice communication, meaning less distractions, no more cables and mounts, more situational awareness on the road, and safer motorcycling.
- CES 2018 Best of Innovation Award Winner
NUVIZ will be on display in the Innovation Awards Showcase
Tech West, The Venetian, Venetian Ballroom E/F
- CES Unveiled
Shorelines Exhibit Hall, Mandalay Bay
Sunday, January 7, 2018
5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- CES 2018 – Eureka Park
Sands Convention Center
Tuesday, January 9, 2018 – Friday, January 12, 2018
Hall G Booth #: 50005
The NUVIZ NuV. 1.X software release which will be available in February 2018 will provide dramatically enhanced functionality for riders, primarily related to improved route planning and navigation functionality. In addition to this, this release makes user experience more customizable.
KEY FEATURES OF THE NUV. 1.X SOFTWARE RELEASE INCLUDE:
Improved route planning UI
- Ability to use map as basis for route planning
- Several UI improvements related to managing waypoints (e.g. improved pick from map), adjusting route options, summary info view about the planned ride, etc.
Ability to import routes from other route planning apps (GPX support)
- Plan longer and/or motorcycling optimized rides using other mapping solutions such as Kurviger, Google Maps, Motocaching, etc. and import them directly into NUVIZ app
Ride waypoint info screen
- Enables rider to see ETA information for upcoming waypoints with the ability to skip waypoints
Improved map view
- Street name & icon size optimized for HUD usage
- Only relevant icons (waypoint icons, road signs, gas stations) shown in the map
Online traffic information
- View traffic status on the map along with icons for roadwork and other problem areas
- Navigation route algorithm takes traffic jams into account
- Rides view shows estimated delay due to traffic
Long press shortcuts + Global Mute
- Ability to customize long press of left function keys
- Short press of voice key silences all sounds
- Solves the daily commuter music control issue but this customizability overall helps different riders to optimize their UX
Simplified camera UX
- A number of UI enhancements dramatically simplifies camera functions
NUVIZ is available for an MSRP of $699 online at the NUVIZ website and select online and brick and mortar motorcycle retailers and BETA stores. For more information and to get your NUVIZ today, visit www.rideNUVIZ.com.
NUVIZ, Inc. is a privately-owned technology company based in San Diego, California and Salo, Finland. NUVIZ is backed by a strategic investment from Pierer Industrie AG, the parent company behind KTM Industries, Husqvarna Motorcycles, WP Suspension and Pankl Racing Systems. Founded upon the desire to empower riders with technology that improves their riding experience, the core leadership team of visionaries has formed an industry-leading team within the digital and mobile space. Combining their passion for motorcycling and powersports, and with decades of technological prowess, NUVIZ is revolutionizing the riding experience. NUVIZ’s first product is an integrated Head-Up Display (HUD), designed specifically for the needs of motorcycle enthusiasts, and is the first product of this nature to go to market. To learn more about NUVIZ and its products, please visit www.rideNUVIZ.com.