Disney/ABC, Ascential, Facebook, Google, Oath and MediaVillage Take a Stand in Supporting Diversity at the Consumer Electronics Show
Companies Join to Support Advancing Diversity Honors as Title Partners
Women Represent 14 of 16 Speakers Scheduled
NEW YORK, Jan. 03, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AdvancingDiversity today announced MediaVillage, Disney/ABC, Ascential, Facebook, Google, and Oath as title partners of the inaugural Advancing Diversity Honors. Advancing Diversity Honors will highlight solutions and diversity best practices during the Consumer Electronics Show at Palace 1 Ballroom at Caesars Palace on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
At the event, leading industry executives will be acknowledged for accelerating diversity and inclusiveness within their organizations as inductees of the first annual Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors. Inductees will be recognized for taking steps beyond identifying workplace diversity issues to enacting viable solutions for change, including gender, cultural, handicapped, veteran and educational employment diversity initiatives. Lessons learned and best practices will be shared during the event in conversations with Jack Myers, founder of AdvancingDiversity.org and Jack Myers’ KnowledgeExchange.
The 2018 honorees include:
- Unilever's Long-Term Commitment to Diversity through its Unstereotype Initiative - Aline Santos, Global Executive Vice President of Marketing and Head of Diversity and Inclusion
- The Ad Council's Love Has No Labels Campaign - Lisa Sherman, President and CEO
- Ernst & Young’s Neurodiversity Program - Megan Hobson, Americas Administration Leader and Hiren C. Shukla, Automation Central Leader/Americas ASA Program
- Interpublic Group’s Industry Leadership - Michael Roth, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Heide Gardner, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
- The IAB Education Foundation’s iDiverse Initiative - Randall Rothenberg, President & CEO, IAB and Megan Hauck, Director, IAB Education Foundation
- Nielsen’s Diversity Development and Retention Program - Angela Talton, Chief Diversity Officer
- Springboard Enterprises’ Gender Equality Program - Kay Koplovitz, Co-Founder & Chairman
- Crowdfundingroadmap Inc.’s Crowdfunding Education Diversity Initiative - Ruth E. Hedges, CEO and Industry Pioneer
“We’re at the point where simply discussing diversity as a problem needs to move forward to highlight and share strong solutions industry professionals are putting into practice today,” said Myers. “We are grateful leading technology and media companies such as Google, Facebook, Disney/ABC and Oath are joining with MediaVillage to support diversity and inclusion as fundamental values during the first annual Advancing Diversity Honors at CES. Ascential’s division MediaLink has long been recognized for featuring women as keynote speakers at its CES events.”
In response to controversy on the lack of female keynote speakers at the Consumer Electronics Show, Karla Chrzanowski, Executive Director of AdvancingDiversity.org, adds, "We’re proud to lead the charge and showcase the media, marketing and advertising industry’s leadership in advancing diversity to the tech community. We're excited to share the valuable knowledge our presenters and honorees have gained developing and implementing strong diversity initiatives.”
The Advancing Diversity Honors will also be supported by Crown Media Family Networks (Hallmark Channel), UMWW, IPG and Unilever as Pay-It-Forward partners, AT&T Adworks, Cadent, Viacom and Fox Networks as Impact partners and Jam City and Turner as Journal Supporters. For more information, please visit www.AdvancingDiversity.org.
About Jack Myers KnowledgeExchange:
Jack Myers KnowledgeExchange advances the media and advertising industry’s leadership in promoting diversity and career development. Our five industry-leading initiatives are AdvancingDiversity, 1stFive, WomenAdvancing, Legends & Leaders and Future of Men Movement. We provide essential support and recognition to enhance industry initiatives through best practices, industry honors, diversity-focused events, internships, thought leadership and career development initiatives. To learn more, visit www.JackMyersKnowledgeExchange.com.
For Jack Myers KnowledgeExchange