Global Cord Blood Banking Industry Report 2017-2018
Dublin, Oct. 06, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Complete 2017-18 Global Cord Blood Banking Industry Report" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global cord blood banking industry has matured substantially over the past few years, creating both serious threats and novel opportunities.
This 257 page global strategic report is a must-read document for cord blood banking executives and investors, because it defines the size of the market, as well as provides market segmentation, trends, and projections through 2022. The cord blood banking industry has been tracked for a full decade (2006 to present) using dashboards of key industry metrics, combined with a system of alerts that identify unexpected variation.
Serious threats to the industry include:
- New accreditation requirements that have increased the cost structure of cord blood banks
- A decline in cord blood transplants, within the U.S. and other geographical regions
- Low rates of turnover for stored cord blood units
- Expensive cord blood transplantation procedures, costing from $200-300K each
- Difficulty with educating obstetricians about cellular therapies
- Poor press coverage in many regions worldwide, including major news outlets
Other uncontrollable factors that could threaten the industry include: new legislation, changes in transplant reimbursement, continually evolving accreditation requirements, the potential for competitive approaches to be shown as more optimal, patent challenges for processing or transplant technologies, changes in public perception of private vs. public banking, shift in policy recommendations by influential medical organizations, and changes in government support.
Marketing pressures are also impacting the industry, with the term cord blood becoming one of the 20 most expensive search terms on Google, reaching more than $20 per click for global search traffic and over $70 per click for U.S. search traffic.
However, there are also emerging opportunities, including:
- The potential to expand market size through increasing public awareness
- New clinical trial data supporting applications for hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) from cord blood and mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) from cord tissue
- Improving public perception toward stem cell therapies
- Substantial deal-making within the industry, including mergers, acquisitions, and funding rounds
- The potential for cross-organizational collaboration through formation of Cord Blood Industry Associations (occurring in within U.S. and South America)
- A trend toward diversification within the industry, with cord blood banks effectively becoming stem cell banks through the storage of cord blood, cord tissue, and in some cases, placental tissue, amniotic fluid, and more
Within this rapidly evolving ecosystem, those who choose to commit to understanding current opportunities and threats will be positioned for a substantial strategic advantage.
Key Report Findings
The report is designed to guide the decision-making of cord blood banks worldwide, as well as to advise private, corporate, and institutional investors entering into this market.
The report analyzes the types of investments being made within the cord blood marketplace, including investments made by:
- ABS Capital Partners & HLM Management
- KKR & Company
- Bay City Capital
- GTCR, LLC
Key findings contained within the report include:
- Market size determinations for the global cord blood market
- Trend rate data for umbilical cord blood grants, patents, and scientific publications
- Clinical trial rate analysis, including comparison of cord blood vs. cord tissue frequency
- Rates of global cord blood storage (units per year)
- Rates of global cord blood transplant (units per year)
- Current and future conditions treatable with cord blood
- Probability of requiring a stem cell transplant by age
- Trends in medical opinions of cord blood banking
- Changes in legislative support for cord blood banking
- Investors impacting the global cord blood banking marketplace
- Competitive environment analysis, including assessment of cord blood market leaders
- Influential alliances within the cord blood industry
- SWOT analysis for global cord blood industry (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Crucial trends and unmet market needs
- And much more
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tfqgm7/complete_201718
CONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 Related Topics: Stem Cells , Blood Banking