WestRock Receives Top Design of the Times Award for Disney Rogue One Display
NORCROSS, Ga., Oct. 06, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WestRock (NYSE:WRK), a leading solutions provider in the merchandising and display marketplace, was recognized at the Path to Purchase Design of the Times Awards for in-store activation excellence. The company won 18 awards—the most of any entrant—including the “Best of the Times Award,” given to the top display of the year.
The Design of the Times competition celebrates in-store displays and digital activations, and recognizes their role in any successful shopper marketing initiative. The competition is sponsored by the Path to Purchase Institute, a global member community that champions shopper-centric thinking and practice that help define the ongoing evolution of consumer marketing and the overall shopping experience.
“At WestRock, we know that packaging and merchandising play an important role in the shopper’s path to purchase,” said Pete Durette, president of Enterprise Solutions & Strategy for WestRock. “We’re proud of the recognition these awards represent. They are a testament to our commitment to combining our unparalleled industry insights with design and innovation capabilities to create solutions that drive real value for our customers.”
WestRock earned the “Best of the Times Award” – the competition’s top award - for its Disney – Walmart WOW Rogue One Display. This Walmart-exclusive display, with Star Wars Rogue One home entertainment product, provided a retailtainment experience for photo opportunities with life-sized Star Wars characters.
In addition to the “Best of the Times Award,” WestRock earned one platinum, three gold, four silver, and nine bronze awards for a range of displays. A full list is below, and images can be viewed here.
* Walmart WOW Rogue One - Gold, Platinum & Best of the Times Winner
* Harry's Exclusive Launch Endcap at Target - Gold
* Best Buy Dr. Strange Pallet – Gold
* The Coca-Cola Co. Stater Bros. Hydration Station - Silver
* National ClariSpray® Nasal Spray 120 Dose 12pc FS/PW - Silver
* Total® Advance Health Mouthwash Launch Endcap - Silver
* CVS Optic Radiant Toothpaste Launch Merchandiser - Silver
* Total® Advance Health Mouthwash and Optic Radiant Cosmetic End Stand - Bronze
* Total® Advance Health Mouthwash Lighted Merchandiser - Bronze
* Walmart ChapStick® DUO Endcap - Bronze
* Walmart ChapStick® DUO 4-Tray PDQ - Bronze
* National ClariSpray® Nasal Spray 120 Dose 12pc PDQ - Bronze
* LG Signature Costco Home Appliance Bay - Bronze
* Nintendo Switch Interactive - Bronze
* XYZAL CVS Launch Program - Bronze
* Target Rogue One Globe - Bronze
WestRock is a leading point-of-purchase display company in the United States, offering display design, manufacturing, co-packing, fulfillment and distribution of both temporary and permanent merchandising programs to top brand marketers and retailers. The company’s “Concept to Checkout” approach combines high-impact creativity with smart value-chain management to get products to the shelf with the right measures of speed, cost and flexibility.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Matt Tractenberg, 470-328-6327
Vice President – Head of Investor Relations
John Stakel, 678-291-7901
Senior Vice President – Treasurer
John Pensec, 470-328-6397
Director, Corporate Communications