Jack Ma saw his stake in Alibaba (BABA) balloon to more than $18 billion Friday afternoon as the Chinese ecommerce giant finished its first day of public trading, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
By William Watts, MarketWatch
NEW YORK (MarketWatch)--Big investors fell out of love with General Motors in the second quarter but hedge-fund titans including Dan Loeb rushed to snap up shares of Ally Financial, the troubled auto maker's former financing arm that was rescued by the U.S. government, according to an analysis of freshly-filed regulatory documents.
- Alliance Data Retail Services to expand footprint in mass market retail by launching co-brand and private label credit programs for one of America's largest retailers
- Program to attract new customers to Meijer brand, drive loyalty among existing customers and increase market share for the brand - Alliance Data to acquire Meijer's existing portfolio of co-brand and private label credit card customers DALLAS , Sept.
Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: ARLP) today reported financial
and operating results, setting new records for coal sales volumes,
revenues, net income and EBITDA for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 (the
"2014 Quarter"). Led by record coal sales volumes, revenues increased to
a record $598.6 million, an increase of 8.1% compared to the quarter
ended June 30, 2013 (the "2013 Quarter"). ARLP also posted records in
the 2014 Quarter for net income, which climbed 32.3% to $137.7 million,
or $1.37 of net income per basic and diluted limited partner unit, and
EBITDA, which increased 19.4% to $213.0 million.
The Boards of Trustees of AllianzGI Convertible & Income Fund (NYSE:NCV)
and AllianzGI Convertible & Income Fund II (NYSE:NCZ) (collectively, the
“Funds”) announced today that they have declared the following dividends
on the Funds’ common shares:
The dividends will be payable on September 2, 2014 to shareholders of
record on August 11, 2014, with an ex-dividend date of August 7, 2014.
- Bookings, revenue and Adjusted EBITDA improve year-over-year - Total non-GAAP revenue of $354 million and GAAP revenue of $351 million - Company signs two new Allscripts Sunrise™ agreements in the quarter
CHICAGO , Aug.
- Net income of $323 million, $0.54 per diluted common share - Adjusted EPS of $0.42 - Core pre-tax income, excluding repositioning items, of $417 million
- Net financing revenue improved 32 percent year-over-year - Consumer auto originations of $10.9 billion in the quarter, second highest in Ally history - Auto Finance earning assets up 7 percent and net financing revenue up 14 percent year-over-year - Retail deposit growth of 15 percent year-over-year; serving approximately 854,000 primary customers, up 18 percent year-over-year NEW YORK , July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) today reported net income of $323 million , or $0.54 per diluted common share, for the second quarter of 2014 compared to net income of $227 million , or $0.33 per diluted common share, in the prior quarter, and a net loss of $927 million , or a loss of $2.73 per diluted common share, for the second quarter of 2013.
Funds reassess expectations, strategy for UCITS V implementation LONDON , July 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New research by BNY Mellon, a global leader in investment management and investment services, highlights a compliance shortfall among alternative investment funds (AIFs) on the eve of the deadline for Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) authorisation.
BRANCHVILLE, N.J., July 8, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Date: July 31, 2014
Time: 8:30 AM ET
Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SIGI) plans to hold a conference call on July 31, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. (ET), to discuss second quarter 2014 results.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amarantus BioScience Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB:AMBS) , a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel diagnostics and therapeutics related to endoplasmic reticulum stress, cell cycle dysregulation, neurodegeneration and apoptosis, today announced that Gerald Commissiong, President and CEO will host and participate in a Twitter chat on Thursday, July 10, 2014 from 4-4:30pm EDT via his Twitter handle @G_Commish .
Independent. Insightful. Trusted. Morningstar provides stock market analysis; equity, mutual fund, and ETF research, ratings, and picks; portfolio tools; and option, hedge fund, IRA, 401k, and 529 plan research. Our reliable data and analysis can help both experienced enthusiasts and newcomers.