- Transaction facilitates the public flotation of a high quality investment management business focused on specialized credit investments
- Experienced management team with deep sector expertise and a successful track record of investing through multiple credit and market cycles
- Approximately $5.0 billion of assets under management on behalf of domestic and foreign institutional investors
- Significant equity capital investment to accelerate strategic growth initiatives
- Favorable transaction terms with clear alignment of interests between management, employees and public stockholders
Building on a successful pilot program that brought support to some of
the nation’s most distressed neighborhoods, Morgan Stanley, along with
the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) and CDC Small Business
Finance, announced a $25 million Clinton
Global Initiative (CGI) Commitment to Action for an expansion of the
Job Creation and Community Revitalization Fund.
Neuberger Berman, one of the world’s leading employee-controlled
investment managers, and Ramius LLC (“Ramius”), the global investment
management business of Cowen Group, Inc. (“Cowen”) (Nasdaq:COWN), today
announced that they have entered into an agreement whereby Neuberger
Berman will purchase Ramius’ interest in Orchard Square Partners, which
manages a global long/short credit investment strategy with
approximately $475 million in client assets.
Independent. Insightful. Trusted. Morningstar provides stock market analysis; equity, mutual fund, and ETF research, ratings, and picks; portfolio tools; and option, hedge fund, IRA, 401k, and 529 plan research. Our reliable data and analysis can help both experienced enthusiasts and newcomers.