Smart Card Technologies and Global Markets Report 2017 - Research and Markets
The "Smart Card Technologies and Global Markets" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
This report covers the global market for smart card technologies and regional analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and the Asia-Pacific region. Component segments include major smart card technologies, smart card types, platforms, protocols, standards and applications.
From a definition standpoint, this report includes sizing and forecasting for smart card technologies embedded into mobile devices, including subscriber identify modules (SIM), embedded SIM (eSIM), universal integrated circuit cards (UICC) and embedded UICC (eUICC), as well as traditional smart cards, such as national identity, company or government access control and consumer payment, and store or credit cards.
- An overview of the global market for smart card security and technology.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of CAGRs through 2022.
- Description of the various security technologies for smart cards to ensure the goal of keeping security assurance out of reach.
- Discussion on the continued expansion of smart card functions for their integration and use in mobility, the Internet of Things, and new payment and data management methods.
- A look at the opportunities for and obstacles to the capability of smart cards.
- Review of the use of smart cards as tools for identification and authentication, which in turn will raise new growth opportunities for manufacturers and service providers.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
- The global market for smart card technologies reached $6.7 billion in 2016. This market is expected to increase from nearly $7.3 billion in 2017 to $11.0 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% for 2017-2022.
- North American market is expected to grow from nearly $1.2 billion in 2017 to $1.7 billion in 2022 at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2017 through 2022.
- Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow from $2.8 billion in 2017 to $4.5 billion in 2022 at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017 through 2022.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction