Over the course of the year, the various Morningstar publications cover the topics that are most important to serious investors. Align your marketing and messaging to our calendar for maximum retention and conversion.
Ad Close: Dec. 16, 2011
Material Due: Jan. 6, 2012
Europe’s Debt Crisis:
- The European debt crisis is constantly evolving, and Morningstar’s analysts will provide insight about where the crisis stands, who’s affected, and where to find pockets of value. They will offer strategies and solutions for finding investments that work amid the uncertainty.
Ad Close: Feb. 17, 2012
Material Due: Mar. 2, 2012
- The panoply of alternative investment opportunities seems to grow on a daily basis. What options are the best? Our experts show how these pieces can be used to flesh out portfolios while keeping within the bounds of sensible asset allocation.
Ad Close: April 20, 2012
Material Due: May 4, 2012
- Does good stewardship make for better fund and stock performance? We take a hard look at the evolution of stewardship, for both stocks and mutual funds, and see if the best companies truly provide the best buys. Bonus distribution: 2012 Morningstar Investment Conference
Ad Close: June 22, 2012
Material Due: July 6, 2012
- Morningstar’s new municipal-bond credit research team is rolling out municipal-bond credit ratings, and our municipal-bond fund analysts weigh in on changes and opportunities in the municipal-bond world.
Ad Close: Aug. 17, 2012
Material Due: Sept. 7, 2012
- Factor (momentum, value, liquidity, etc.) funds are gaining steam, and evaluating funds that focus on specific factors is different than evaluating general-purpose funds. Our analysts will dive into factor investing and serve up ideas about how to incorporate it into asset-allocation decisions.Bonus distribution: 2012 Morningstar ETF Invest Conference
Ad Close: Oct. 19, 2012
Material Due: Nov. 2, 2012
Funds of Funds:
- More and more investors are outsourcing active management—target-date funds, managed portfolios, and 529 plans. We get to the bottom of this shift toward funds of funds and look to the future of these vehicles.
- Quarter-end Review
- Quarterly Fund Manager Round Table
Individual Investor Conference:
- A live one-day virtual conference for Morningstar.com members with sessions focusing on Morningstar’s 2012 outlook, portfolio checkup, Social Security maximization, college planning, and other key investor objectives, with a focus on how investors can use Morningstar.com to help them meet their investment goals.
- Readers will discover tips to avoid the tax bite in 2012, manage tax-advantaged and taxable accounts, and formulate a retirement tax plan. Plus, we’ll highlight our top tax-efficient picks.
Alternatives and Diversifiers:
- Morningstar strategists and noted fund managers will discuss the mechanics behind and true diversification benefits of various alternative strategies, including merger arbitrage, long/short, market neutral, managed futures, and multialternative. We’ll also cover some of the more traditional portfolio diversifiers, including real estate and commodities, to help investors understand what these asset classes can do for a portfolio and the best way to get exposure to them.
Beat the Market Week:
Portfolio Makeover Week:
Morningstar Investment Conference
Individual Investor Conference Midyear Checkup:
No scheduled events
No scheduled events
ETF Invest Conference:
Retirement Readiness Week:
Investing Passport Week (International Investing):
- Morningstar analysts, strategists, and noted outside managers and experts will offer their best ideas for putting money to work in 2013 and beyond.